The union representing those like educational assistants and library staff is encouraging their members to refuse teachers' duties.
- Police on scene of barricaded man with a knife in Fairview
- Walkout: Students across Nova Scotia ready to rally in support of teachers
- Survey says Nova Scotians divided about potential teachers' strike action
- Villain of Green Gables: Thief steals coins from P.E.I. wishing well
- Coast guard wants oil removed from shipwreck off Newfoundland coast
- P.E.I. police service apologizes to Nickelback, takes down viral 'joke' post
More inside Metro
- Liberal minister says Kellie Leitch pepper spray call puts 'onus on women'
- Five things to do in Halifax this weekend: From gingerbread to jazz, and even Charlie Brown
- Booming business: tech startups in Halifax heading downtown
- What is fire made of?
- New Brunswick and Ottawa to spend $45 million to improve Fundy Trail
- Man who shot CFL player Joe McKnight released from custody without charges
- Student who helped re-create drug hits back at Martin Shkreli's snarky tweets
- More streets being named after women as Spain scrubs fascist past
- How seaweed diet can dramatically reduce methane output in cows' farts
- Police find missing Lower Sackville man
- Air Miles cancels plans to expire loyalty points
- Integrated Mobility Plan proposing bus lanes and bike lanes in Halifax
- WhatsApp dropping support for older smartphones