Fritter, fritter, blue cheese eater
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
• 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) water
• 125 ml plus 15 ml (1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp) butter
• 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour, sifted
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 100 g (3 1/2 oz) mellow blue cheese, roughly chopped
• 100 g (3 1/2 oz) fontina cheese, grated
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• Oil, for frying
A fritter is food, either savoury or sweet, that has been coated in batter and deep-fried.
These blue cheese fritters are best when they’re served hot with salad leaves and a fruit coulis.
If you’re serving this Blue Cheese Fritters recipe as a main dish, it’ll make enough fritters for four people.
1. In a medium pan, add water and butter and bring to a boil; stir in flour, beating well until mixture forms a thick consistency which starts to coat the sides of the pan.
2. Remove from heat and gradually beat in eggs. Let cool until just warm and then add cheeses and seasoning.
3. Heat sufficient oil to allow for deep frying, then drop spoonfuls of batter into hot oil and cook until puffed and golden. Cook up to 4 fritters at a time.
4. Drain the excess oil and serve hot.
More on Metronews.ca
A tax-free savings account is a flexible performer in that it lets you withdraw money at any time for any purpose without losing the contribution room.
If you want to save, you need to change how you think about spending.