Dip into a delicious twist on hummus
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
• 1 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 4 canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Although there are plenty others out there, this is a very unique twist on traditional hummus!
The addition of white beans and artichoke hearts is outstanding.
1. Combine the beans, artichokes, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Purée until smooth.
2. Add the chopped cilantro and stir to combine
How does this dip stack up nutritionally per serving?
• Calories. 79
• Protein. 2 g
• Carbohydrates. 6 g
• Fibre. 1.7 g
• Total fat. 5 g
• Saturated fat. 0.7 g
• Cholesterol. 0 g
More on Metronews.ca
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.
Three ways to tell that you aren't a great bargain hunter, but consumed by shopping instead.