Bison Burger Sliders give grilled eats a tasty Native touch
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
An enthusiastic educator and entertainer, Chef David Wolfman, is an internationally-recognized and award-winning expert in wild game and traditional Aboriginal cuisine.
He is also the executive producer and host of Aboriginal Peoples Television Network’s popular Cooking With the Wolfman program, on which he displays his signature Aboriginal Fusion.
Wolfman shares his delicious recipe for Bison Sliders, which you can serve up on a traditional hamburger bun with all your favourite condiments.
1. In a bowl mix the ground Bison meat, herbs and wild rice, then add the eggs, Dijon, chili paste, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Form into small patties and chill for 30 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan, heat the oil, place the patties, cook until they are brown, turn over and repeat.
3. Remove from pan and place into the oven and cook until the internal temp is 165 F.
4. Serve on slider buns and with a salad such as a Jicama Slaw. Garnish with sliced tomato and spinach greens. Enjoy!
• 500 g ground Bison meat
• 5 ml each of rosemary, thyme and chives, chopped finely
• 125 g wild rice, cooked
• 2 med eggs
• 5 ml Dijon mustard
• 15 ml chili paste
• salt and pepper to taste
• 50 g bread crumbs
• 20 ml olive oil
More on Metronews.ca
There are heaps of fools who get hooked by generous sign-up bonuses or the hunt to accumulate points, writes Gail Vaz-Oxlade.
If you’re dealing with a bank that’s diming you to death on fees, look around for someone else who won’t.