Video: Vikram Vij cooks chicken coconut curry
Share via Email
Cook Chicken Coconut Curry live with Vancouver-based chef Vikram Vij. In this latest cooking segment, Chef Vij will be joined by his sous-chef, 11-year old Liam Lewis. During the broadcast tweet your questions live to Vikram, using the hashtag #VijCookLive.
Note: If viewing on a mobile device or having difficulty watching please click here.
Here are the ingredients you will need to follow along.
- 2 chicken thighs deboned, skin off, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off, chopped
- ½ tsp saffron (optional)
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds or black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp asafetida (optional)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped garlic (6 medium cloves)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to save, you need to change how you think about spending.
There are many ways to ensure you don't save enough money to achieve your goals. Here are seven.