Video: Vikram Vij cooks chicken coconut curry
Share via Email
Cook Chicken Coconut Curry live with Vancouver-based chef Vikram Vij. In this latest cooking segment, Chef Vij will be joined by his sous-chef, 11-year old Liam Lewis. During the broadcast tweet your questions live to Vikram, using the hashtag #VijCookLive.
Note: If viewing on a mobile device or having difficulty watching please click here.
Here are the ingredients you will need to follow along.
- 2 chicken thighs deboned, skin off, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off, chopped
- ½ tsp saffron (optional)
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds or black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp asafetida (optional)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped garlic (6 medium cloves)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
If you're approached with a promise of “fabulous returns” or a “sure thing” that you suspect to be part of a pyramid scheme, here are some questions to ask.
Being a dope in math is no excuse when it comes to your financial situation. Focus on choices you must make rather than numbers.