Side dish: Cherry Tomato, Chickpea & Orange Pepper Salad
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
1. Place the ingredients in a clean jar, close the lid tightly and shake until thick and smooth.
1. Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Drizzle on as much dressing as you like, toss again and serve.
• juice of 1 large lemon
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vegan sugar
• salt and black pepper to tasteSalad
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) cooked chickpeas
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thinly, then cut twice crossways
• 12 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
From Mouthwatering Vegan by Miriam Sorrell. Copyright © 2013 Miriam Sorrell. Excerpted by permission of Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House Canada, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to be able to cope with life’s little surprises you have to first know exactly where your money is going.
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.