Side dish: Cherry Tomato, Chickpea & Orange Pepper Salad
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
1. Place the ingredients in a clean jar, close the lid tightly and shake until thick and smooth.
1. Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Drizzle on as much dressing as you like, toss again and serve.
• juice of 1 large lemon
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vegan sugar
• salt and black pepper to tasteSalad
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) cooked chickpeas
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thinly, then cut twice crossways
• 12 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
From Mouthwatering Vegan by Miriam Sorrell. Copyright © 2013 Miriam Sorrell. Excerpted by permission of Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House Canada, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Metronews.ca
If you’re dealing with a bank that’s diming you to death on fees, look around for someone else who won’t.
Let others know about your goal — they can help keep you motivated.