Turmeric gives your pan-fried fish cancer-fighting coating
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Fish, no matter how you slice it, is a superior protein. What fat it contains is the omega-3 good kind that lubricates your joints. Plus it is quick to cook.
The added bonus with this Pan-Fried Turmeric Fish is that it is “breaded” in a whole wheat/turmeric coating.
Together, they create a crispy crust that is delicious, yes, but the real benefit is that turmeric is a potent anti-cancer spice that is also making good news headlines.
1. Beat egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tbsp of water.
2. Mix together turmeric, whole wheat flour, sea salt and white pepper in a separate bowl.
3. Dredge fish in egg and then set into turmeric-flour mixture, turning to coat.
4. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter and oil. Quickly add the coated fish.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn once to cook through for 2-3 more minutes. Set fish onto paper towel to absorb any excess fat.
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp turmeric
• 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp white pepper
• 1 lb catfish fillets or other firm white fish
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
Theresa Albert is a Food Communications Specialist and Toronto Personal Nutritionist. She is @theresaalbert on twitter and found daily at myfriendinfood.com
More on Metronews.ca
It comes down to math: The first step is to add your net incomes together. Then divide each individual income by this figure and multiply by 100.
So many people see the math of money as overwhelming. It isn’t. It’s Grade 5 math. Stop using this excuse!