Turmeric gives your pan-fried fish cancer-fighting coating
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Fish, no matter how you slice it, is a superior protein. What fat it contains is the omega-3 good kind that lubricates your joints. Plus it is quick to cook.
The added bonus with this Pan-Fried Turmeric Fish is that it is “breaded” in a whole wheat/turmeric coating.
Together, they create a crispy crust that is delicious, yes, but the real benefit is that turmeric is a potent anti-cancer spice that is also making good news headlines.
1. Beat egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tbsp of water.
2. Mix together turmeric, whole wheat flour, sea salt and white pepper in a separate bowl.
3. Dredge fish in egg and then set into turmeric-flour mixture, turning to coat.
4. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter and oil. Quickly add the coated fish.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn once to cook through for 2-3 more minutes. Set fish onto paper towel to absorb any excess fat.
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp turmeric
• 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp white pepper
• 1 lb catfish fillets or other firm white fish
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
Theresa Albert is a Food Communications Specialist and Toronto Personal Nutritionist. She is @theresaalbert on twitter and found daily at myfriendinfood.com
More on Metronews.ca
There are heaps of fools who get hooked by generous sign-up bonuses or the hunt to accumulate points, writes Gail Vaz-Oxlade.
If you’re dealing with a bank that’s diming you to death on fees, look around for someone else who won’t.