Pizza gets an extreme summer makeover with watermelon
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Great presentation for a dessert or appetizer. If the balsamic vinaigrette gets too thick, add more maple syrup and heat gently. Be sure to pour the vinaigrette over the melon just before serving. Makes 8 wedges.
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 2 horizontal slice round slices of watermelon (1-inch thick)
• 1 1/2 oz crumbled feta cheese
• 3 Tbsp chopped mint or basil
• Balsamic Vinaigrette
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Place watermelon rounds on large serving plate. Sprinkle with feta and mint.
2. In a small skillet, add vinegar
and maple syrup and cook on a high heat for one to two minutes until entire surface is bubbly. Drizzle over melon. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition per serving
• Calories 30
• Protein 1 g
• Carbohydrates 3 g
• Fibre 0 g
• Total fat 1 g
• Saturated fat 1 g
• Cholesterol 3 mg
• Sodium 60 mg
More on Metronews.ca
If you want your children to be smart about money, then you have to take the time to teach them.
If you have a parent who is irresponsible with money, you need to recognize this is not your problem.