Rose Reisman's almond butter noodle salad recipe
Your daily recipe, courtesy of Rose Reisman.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Almond butter has a milder flavour than peanut butter. This is a great salad that can be a side dish or a main course with the addition of cooked chicken, meat or fish. Serves four.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
1. Cook spaghetti until firm to the bite, according to package directions. Drain.
2. Add bell pepper, carrot, water chestnuts, green onion and cilantro to spaghetti.
3. Dressing: Combine all ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Pour over pasta, mix well and garnish with sesame seeds. Dressing: Combine all ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Pour over pasta, mix well and garnish with sesame seeds.
• 8 oz spaghetti
• 1/2 large red bell pepper, sliced thinly
• 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
• 1/2 cup sliced canned and drained water chestnuts
• 1/3 cup diced green onion
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or basil
• 1/3 cup almond or peanut butter
• 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp water
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 2 tsp minced ginger
• 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Nutrition per serving (recipe serves 4)
• Calories 290
• Protein 10g
• Carbohydrates 40g
• Fibre 5g
• Total fat 11g
• Saturated fat 2g
• Cholesterol 0mg
• Sodium 660mg
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to be able to cope with life’s little surprises you have to first know exactly where your money is going.
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.