Baked chicken caprese with bocconcini and tomato
Rose Reisman's daily recipe.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 17 minutes
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tsp vegetable oil
• 6 oz bocconcini cheese, sliced into 8 thin slices
• 2 plum tomatoes, sliced horizontally into rounds (1/4” thick)
• Chopped fresh basil
Balsamic Glaze (optional)
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place flour, Parmesan and salt and pepper in dish. Coat chicken in mixture on both sides.
3. In a large hot skillet, sprayed with vegetable spray, add oil and sauté chicken just until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
4. Place chicken in baking dish. Baked for about 10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 F.
5. Place cheese over top chicken.
6. Set oven to broil. Add chicken dish back in oven and broil for 2 – 3 minutes until cheese melts.
7. Garnish with tomato and fresh basil.
8. Glaze: In a small skillet, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 – 2 minutes, just until bubbles cover entire surface. Drizzle over chicken.
Nutrition per serving
• Calories 290
• Protein 10g
• Carbohydrates 40g
• Total fat 11 g
More on Metronews.ca
Rather than spend money you don't have on things you don't need, make 2018 the year you focus on creating the life you want.
Here are a few important lessons about finances for the generations who are following the boomers.