Roasted corn and split pea salad with grilled shrimp
Rose Reisman's daily recipe.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
• 1/2 cup dry green lentils
• 2 corn cobs (husks removed)
• 8 oz large deveined and shelled shrimp
• 1 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, slicedin half
• 2 small baby cucumbers, diced
• 1/3 cup diced red onions
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp jalapeno (seeds can be used)
• Salt and pepper
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or basil
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook lentils just until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, grill or sauté corn cobs for about five minutes. Cool and cut kernels off corn. Add to lentils.
3. Grill or sauté shrimp until just cooked, about five minutes. Set aside.
4. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and onions.
5. Dressing: combine all ingre-dients and pour over salad. Garnish with shrimp.
Nutrition per serving
• Calories 124
• Protein 12 g
• Carbohydrates 9 g
• Total fat 5 g
• Cholesterol 86 mg
• Sodium 87 mg
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to be able to cope with life’s little surprises you have to first know exactly where your money is going.
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.