This hearty Italian wedding soup is a cause for celebration
Savoury turkey, cheese, and rosemary makes for one tasty — and comforting— soup for fall.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
You don’t need to be getting married to enjoy this hearty, comforting soup.
Prep time: 20 minutes
• 1/2 lb ground turkey
• 3 Tbsp bread crumbs or panko
• 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
• 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped into 1/4-inch disks
• 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 Parmesan cheese rind
• 3/4 cup orzo
• 1 head of spinach, chopped into ribbons
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, grated cheese and half of the garlic until well combined. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
3. In a large pot, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and soften for about 3 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and rosemary and cook for another minute.
4. Add broth and the rind of Parmesan. Simmer for 7 minutes.
5. Add the orzo and continue to simmer for 6 minutes. Carefully add the meatballs to the soup and allow to simmer for 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach and stir. Serve with grated Parmesan.
For more meal ideas, visit sweetpotatochronicles.com.
More on Metronews.ca
Rather than spend money you don't have on things you don't need, make 2018 the year you focus on creating the life you want.
Here are a few important lessons about finances for the generations who are following the boomers.