Recipe: Lemon Thyme Chicken Burger
It's never too early to start off BBQ season.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
These fresh and juicy burgers are fantastic with classic lettuce and tomato toppings but they’re over the top with a good schmear of goat cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
• 1 Tbsp lemon zest (the zest of about 1 lemon)
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 egg, whisked
• 1/2 onion, finely minced
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 6 whole wheat rolls
• Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, goat cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together the meat, thyme, zest, juice, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, mustard and salt and pepper.
2. Using your hands, form the mixture into six 3/4- to 1-inch thick patties. Hold a patty over a bun just to check that you’ve made them about the same size.
3. Heat up your pan or barbecue. Add a drop of vegetable oil to the pan if you’re cooking on the stove. Cook patties over medium/high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. The internal temperature should be 165 to 170 degrees.
4. Time to add the extra bits of deliciousness. Top with tomato, lettuce and goat cheese.
If you're approached with a promise of “fabulous returns” or a “sure thing” that you suspect to be part of a pyramid scheme, here are some questions to ask.
Being a dope in math is no excuse when it comes to your financial situation. Focus on choices you must make rather than numbers.