Recipe: Lemon Thyme Chicken Burger
It's never too early to start off BBQ season.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
These fresh and juicy burgers are fantastic with classic lettuce and tomato toppings but they’re over the top with a good schmear of goat cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
• 1 Tbsp lemon zest (the zest of about 1 lemon)
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 egg, whisked
• 1/2 onion, finely minced
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 6 whole wheat rolls
• Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, goat cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together the meat, thyme, zest, juice, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, mustard and salt and pepper.
2. Using your hands, form the mixture into six 3/4- to 1-inch thick patties. Hold a patty over a bun just to check that you’ve made them about the same size.
3. Heat up your pan or barbecue. Add a drop of vegetable oil to the pan if you’re cooking on the stove. Cook patties over medium/high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. The internal temperature should be 165 to 170 degrees.
4. Time to add the extra bits of deliciousness. Top with tomato, lettuce and goat cheese.