Recipe: Black bean burger
This veggie burger has great depth of flavours even meat-lovers will approve of.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Make summer’s ultimate dinner — the burger — healthier and more budget friendly by using black beans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 2 x 14 oz. cans of black beans
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup of panko (or plain breadcrumbs)
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp cayenne
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 3 Tbsp oil
1. Rinse the black beans in a colander. Add one can of beans, panko, cumin, oregano, cayenne and the egg into a blender. Pulse it until it forms a purée. Empty the blender contents into a bowl. Stir in the other can of beans and the cilantro.
2. Use your hands to form into patties.
3. Heat oil in a pan to medium then gently place your patties in. Cook for 5 minutes a side.
4. Use a thin, flexible spatula to loosen the patties and flip. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings, like tomato, avocado, lettuce, salsa, spicy mayo.
It comes down to math: The first step is to add your net incomes together. Then divide each individual income by this figure and multiply by 100.
So many people see the math of money as overwhelming. It isn’t. It’s Grade 5 math. Stop using this excuse!