Recipe: Black bean burger
This veggie burger has great depth of flavours even meat-lovers will approve of.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Make summer’s ultimate dinner — the burger — healthier and more budget friendly by using black beans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 2 x 14 oz. cans of black beans
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup of panko (or plain breadcrumbs)
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp cayenne
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 3 Tbsp oil
1. Rinse the black beans in a colander. Add one can of beans, panko, cumin, oregano, cayenne and the egg into a blender. Pulse it until it forms a purée. Empty the blender contents into a bowl. Stir in the other can of beans and the cilantro.
2. Use your hands to form into patties.
3. Heat oil in a pan to medium then gently place your patties in. Cook for 5 minutes a side.
4. Use a thin, flexible spatula to loosen the patties and flip. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings, like tomato, avocado, lettuce, salsa, spicy mayo.
More on Metronews.ca
If you’re dealing with a bank that’s diming you to death on fees, look around for someone else who won’t.
Let others know about your goal — they can help keep you motivated.