A black bean burger recipe full of flavour
We love this recipe for two main reasons: it uses the pantry staple of a can of black beans and it’s full of flavour.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
We love this recipe for two main reasons: it uses the pantry staple of a can of black beans and it’s full of flavour. OK, one more reason: It’s fast.
Ready in 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 2 x 14 oz cans of black beans, rinsed
• 1/4 cup of panko or regular bread crumbs
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp cayenne
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 3 Tbsp oil
1. Place 1 can of beans, panko, cumin, oregano, cayenne and egg into a blender. Pulse it together until it forms a goopy paste.
2. Empty the blender contents into a bowl. Stir in the other can of beans and the cilantro. Use your hands to form into patties. Don’t make them too big or you’ll have hard time with flipping.
3. Heat oil in a pan to medium then gently place patties in. Cook for 5 minutes — without touching! — then carefully flip with a thin, flexible spatula. Cook for another 5 minutes on the other side. Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings, like tomato, avocado, lettuce, salsa, spicy mayo.
For more meal ideas, visit sweetpotatochronicles.com
Simple jars are all you need to make sure you stay on track.
Be wise by knowing your work insurance policy.