A spiced flank steak that won't break the bank
This recipe features flank steak with chimichurri sauce that packs five-star flavour.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
This recipe features inexpensive flank steak with an herb sauce that packs five-star flavour.
Ready in 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
• 1 beef flank steak
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp coriander
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/4 tsp oregano
• 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Chimichurri
• 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
• 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
• 2 tsp lime juice
• 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp anchovy paste
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp pepper
1. For chimichurri: Place all chimchurri ingredients in blender. Process, shaking blender if necessary, until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl.
2. For steak: Preheat broiler. Coat a broil pan with cooking spray. Combine salt, coriander, cumin and oregano and pepper, and sprinkle over both sides of steak. Place steak on pan and broil 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes. Cut against grain into 1/4-inch wide strips. Serve with chimichurri spooned on top and a fresh greens and sliced cherry tomatoes.
For more meal ideas, visit sweetpotatochronicles.com.
More on Metronews.ca
It comes down to math: The first step is to add your net incomes together. Then divide each individual income by this figure and multiply by 100.
So many people see the math of money as overwhelming. It isn’t. It’s Grade 5 math. Stop using this excuse!