Vegetarian Singapore noodles make for the perfect meatless Monday meal
Did you make this meal? Show us on Instagram and Twitter by tagging it #metrocookswithlou.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Stir-fried curried rice noodles get a vegetarian twist for the perfect dinner for meatless Monday.
Total time: 26 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 11 minutes
1/2 450g pkg. of brown rice vermicelli
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp canola oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup trimmed and thinly sliced snow peas
1 cup bean sprouts
1. In a large bowl, cover vermicelli noodles with boiling water, cook for 2 minutes or according to package directions. Drain, roughly cut into smaller pieces with scissors. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce with sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs, scramble until fully cooked, about 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate, wipe pan clean.
4. Return pan to stovetop over high heat, add canola oil, onion, bell pepper and salt. Cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder and turmeric, cook another minute. Add snow peas, cook another 2 minutes.
5. Add reserved noodles and egg, toss to coat. Remove from heat, toss with soy sauce and sesame oil mixture and bean sprouts.
For more delicious vegetarian recipes, visit livinglou.com/vegetarian. Did you make this meal? Show us on Instagram and Twitter by tagging it #metrocookswithlou.
More on Metronews.ca
You don't have to spend a fortune on health and beauty products. Here's how to save money.
If you're approached with a promise of “fabulous returns” or a “sure thing” that you suspect to be part of a pyramid scheme, here are some questions to ask.