When it's hot outside make this no-bake strawberry pie recipe
This cool, sweet pie is just the thing when you’re entertaining but it’s way too hot to bake.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Ready in 1 hour, 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and halved, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz gingersnap or graham cookies
1. Put cookies in food processor and finely grind. Add butter and pulse again until blended. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly in the bottom as well as sides. Chill in refrigerator. Wipe our food processor.
2. Put half of the strawberries into a food processor and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add sugar, water and cornstarch and combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue stirring until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl, and stirring occasionally, let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Fill pie crust with remaining strawberries, pour strawberry mixture over the top and smooth out. Chill to set for 1 hour. Cut and serve with whipped cream.
For more great recipes, go to www.sweetpotatochronicles.com
More on Metronews.ca
If you don't know if you're on track for retirement, who does?
Take care of the details so you can go shopping guilt-free, writes Gail Vaz-Oxlade.