This leftover turkey and rice soup hits the spot (and makes room in the fridge)
You'll be giving thanks all over again for this easy, hearty turkey dish.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Ready in: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 carrots, peeled and diced
• 4 celery, trimmed and diced
• 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
• 6 cups low sodium chicken stock
• 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (4 cobs with the corn sliced off)
• 3 cups leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken, shredded
• 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 cups cooked rice
• salt and pepper
1. Place oil in a large pot and bring to medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and sautee for three minutes, until the vegetables start to soften. Add the thyme and stir.
2. Pour the stock into the pot. Now add the chicken, corn dill, lemon juice and cooked rice. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
For more great recipes, go to www.sweetpotatochronicles.com
If you're approached with a promise of “fabulous returns” or a “sure thing” that you suspect to be part of a pyramid scheme, here are some questions to ask.
Being a dope in math is no excuse when it comes to your financial situation. Focus on choices you must make rather than numbers.