This leftover turkey and rice soup hits the spot (and makes room in the fridge)
You'll be giving thanks all over again for this easy, hearty turkey dish.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Ready in: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 carrots, peeled and diced
• 4 celery, trimmed and diced
• 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
• 6 cups low sodium chicken stock
• 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (4 cobs with the corn sliced off)
• 3 cups leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken, shredded
• 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 cups cooked rice
• salt and pepper
1. Place oil in a large pot and bring to medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and sautee for three minutes, until the vegetables start to soften. Add the thyme and stir.
2. Pour the stock into the pot. Now add the chicken, corn dill, lemon juice and cooked rice. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
For more great recipes, go to www.sweetpotatochronicles.com
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to be able to cope with life’s little surprises you have to first know exactly where your money is going.
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.