Fall in love with this seasonal maple apple cranberry crumble
Few recipes evoke fall more than this tart and sweet dessert.
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
Ready in: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 3/4 cup oats
• 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 5 1/2 cups or about 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 ½ inch chunks
• 2 cups cranberry (fresh or thawed frozen)
• 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large, mix flour oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans until blended. Add melted butter and 2 Tbsp of maple syrup and mix until the mixture is moist and crumbly. Put aside while you get the fruit together.
3. Toss apples and cranberries in lemon juice, 1/3 cup of syrup, sugar and flour. Pour fruit into a baking dish (11 x 8 x 2). Cover evenly with crumble topping.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
For more great recipes, go to sweetpotatochronicles.com
More on Metronews.ca
If you want to be able to cope with life’s little surprises you have to first know exactly where your money is going.
Take stock of your debts and devise a plan to pay them off while saving as much on interest as you can.