Pipe bomb explosion in Saskatoon sends two to hospital
|Report an Error|
Share via Email
An accidental pipe-bomb explosion in Saskatoon has sent two men to hospital.
Police say the homemade explosive injured two 20-year-olds when it accidentally detonated during construction on Friday night.
One of the men, who was said to be working on the bomb, was taken to hospital with severe injuries to his hand and the other, who was in close proximity to the blast, was also injured but less severely.
A release from police says officers responded to a 911 call on Wentworth Crescent with Saskatoon Fire and Protective Services and MD Ambulance at roughly 8:30 p.m.
Members of the Saskatoon Police Service’s Explosive Disposal Unit (EDU) were able to secure the scene and a release sent out at approximately 10 p.m. said EDU members were still on scene working to make sure no other explosive materials were on site.
At this point there is no indication as to why the young man was making the bomb.
The investigation is ongoing.
The blonde Bond is shaken, not stirred, by the thought of returning for a fifth film.
Tony Turner, who retired from Environment Canada last week, performed 'Harperman' at three rallies over the weekend