News / World

South Carolina chief says sexual misconduct probe concluded

CONWAY, S.C. — The new chief of the Horry County Police Department says there will be no additional indictments stemming from allegations of sexual misconduct by former department officers.

Chief Joe Hill tells local media outlets that on Monday, his first day on the job, he met with South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel.

Hill says Keel told him that the SLED investigation into the misconduct has been completed.

The state grand jury last week indicted four former department officers alleging they coerced women into sex or ignored nearly 100 cases they were supposed to be investigating.

Several women have also filed lawsuits against the department.